Now I know why I put off toilet training for so long and kept procrastinating!Its ALOT of cleaning!!! I finally decided to pluck up my courage literally and told myself "OK Jedi needs to start learning to pee before Mei Mei gets too mobile and quick and starts meddling with the mess on the floor.
Day 1 (Monday):
Once Jedi came back from his playgroup and had his lunch and bath, I bravely gritted my teeth and told him that he was going to be promoted to Big Boy Pants (alias briefs!)! I think I was more exicted than him! Anyway I told him that from now on if he needed to pee, we would go to the toilet bowl where he had his own toilet seat to pee! Once again, I sounded and looked even more excited than him! So the diaper was whipped off his butt and the Big Boy Pants was on....
Well, I have never washed so many little briefs in a day in my life! Hung them out of my window and by the end of Day 1 there were 7 little briefs of different colours and happy faces of Batman and Barney dangling from a pole. These were the testimony of my ordeal of the day!! So you can guess how many times the floor had to be mopped! The amount of pee that had to be cleaned! And you know with toilet training, Mummy should try her best not to show an angry or irritated face when pee splashes on the floor instead of the toilet bowl! And with little Krisalyn crawling everywhere, it was really hectic!
Day 2 (Tuesday):
Given the previous days events, I was feeling really apprehensive about what the day had in store. Decided to change strategy. Believe it was divine wisdom from the Lord. Out came the pee pot. Its more portable and at least he can reach it faster than having to run to the toilet and climb to the seat. So the pee pot it is for now.
Had 1 success! And I have never felt so happy to see pee in my life! I can't believe myself! Its as if I won 4D or smth! Jedi was so happy too and he was rewarded with lots of praise, stickers and his favourite cookie! Can tell this Mummy was esctatic!
So the number of little colourful briefs went down to 6!
Day 3 (Wednesday):
Today was so much better. Jedi peed in the pee pot 5 times out of 7! But he still cried when the sensation of pee was coming so it was a good indicator to ask him to "fly" to the pee pot! Each success is giving me much encouragement as I was on the verge of flying the white flag after Day 1!
He's still not there yet but I pray the underwear line out my window will slowly get less. Toilet training is tough man! And for some strange reason, Krisalyn is very attracted to Mr. Pee Pot and keeps crawling there! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment