Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hang Ups!

I have become more and more self-aware that I have a MAJOR hang up about food. Not in the kind or type of food but the QUANTITY eaten by my kids! This hang up of mine usually activates especially when they are sick. Yes yes. Sick children have less appetite and definitely can't eat much. I know I should be empathetic and understanding. But instead I find myself getting even more upset and worried that they are not getting enough food. A nagging thought would ring in my head, "not enough food...how to get well???". Then I start over- worrying that they will become like the hungry starving children in Etopia!
So I comfort myself by telling myself that even the children in Etopia still survive without much food. (no intention to poke fun at them of course!) And Dan would also knock some sense into me and tell me that they will be back to normal soon.These are times I really feel I'm neurotic!

No comments: