Since Jedi has turned three, he seems to be more mature in his emotions and is able to empathise with others. One day, Krisa was being whiny and grouchy as she wasn't feeling well. I was ignoring her as I was busy with prepearing dinner and also to cool myself down as I could feel my nerves fraying with the incessant crying. Jedi walked over to me and said:
"Mummy, Mei Mei just wants you to sayang her and give her a hug" .
So taking his advice, I went over to Krisa and did just that. It worked! No more tears!
Another incident was recently, when Krisa was spitting out her food and I was nagging at her not to do so. Jedi once again calmy told me:
"Mummy, you put too much food into her mouth. That's why she can't eat properly." He promptly took her water bottle for her to drink.
Sometimes, I think my common sense is dulled by all the activities in the day! 
These two incidents really touched me as I realized that Jedi understands and loves his little sister despite thier little tiffs and squabbles here and there. He has begun helping her to wear and take off her shoes when we go out or come home and sees it as his duty as a big bro. We can see Krisa also enjoying his attention and she would repay it at times by hugging him if he cried and would bring his doggy for him to comfort him. I;'m daily praying for a close and good relationship between them and that they will love and look out for each other as they grow up together. These are one of the rewarding moments of seeing our kids grow. 
No comments:
Post a Comment