Monday, February 28, 2011

Mommy's Little Helpers

Our family does not have a helper as we prefer the privacy and also thought it would be a good way to teach the kiddoes to be independent and learn to help around the home too. I started them with small tasks like laying the table for dinner and getting ready the wet towels to wipe thier mouths. Now that they are steadier,they help to clear the table too and put the dishes in the sink. Am really looking forward to them taking over all the housework!!!

I realised that Jedidiah is also going to be 6 soon and its time to learn to let go and let him be more independent in self-care. He was thrilled to be able to bathe himself and I was too as it gives me an extra few minutes to do some other stuff. He was also really proud of himself and so were we! I just found a new way too to keep them less restless especially on rainy days!! Folding clothes! Still not that neat but its a really big help!

hmmm...next cooking?? hahaha!

1 comment:

chingting said...

same! my kids starts with folding clothes, especially Joy. She likes to sneak out of bed (since she doesn't like to nap) and fold the clothes so as to surprise us when I wake up with the bros