Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tooth Fairy Tales

I loved having the Tooth Fairy come visit when I was a little girl and I recalled recieving little surprises under my pillow in the morning. I still remember I told myself that I was going to stay up and see who this Tooth Fairy was. Will never forget the night I saw my dear mum sneaking in quietly into my room, open the cupboard where the present was hidden and slip it under my pillow. I pretended to be asleep of course and had a mix of emotion of bittersweet disappointment that the Tooth Fairy wasn't REAL!

Now with my eldest, I have spun the tale of the Tooth Fairy and it's thrilling to see the look of pure joy and wonder on their faces when they see a little suprise under their pillow. The younger girls get thrilled too and are dying for their teeth to fall out too. Krisalyn even thought of writing a letter to the Tooth Fairy to thank her as she once had a present too for being a supportive sister when Jedi's first tooth dropped! For now I have to think of far-fetched answers on where the Tooth Fairy lives, how does she appear at night and how does she carry the gift if she's so small!

Jedi was super happy that his two front teeth fell out on the same day. Although, one got gobbled down with a sticky egg tart, I'm sure the Tooth Fairy will know and understand.

Childhood is once in a lifetime, so think I'll let them indulge in this Toothy mystery till one day they figure out who this Tooth Fairy is and who the supplier of the gifts are (Daddy!).

No comments: