Last year I had a hard time of keeping the germs away from Jedi and Krisa as they fell sick over and over again for about 6 months! Dan and I were so tired from having to give medication and nebulize them almost everyday! Thanks to my friend, Soann, who recommended me her Pede, their health improved alot but the cycle of illness was still there.
One of the Sundays, I brought Jedi and Krisa to nursery Sunday School to try it out. A teacher there noticed that Krisa was coughing and she began praying for her. Krisa had been having a high fever for about 5 days. When we went home, the fever had gone and never came back.
That was when I realized that all along I had been caught up in the frenzy of giving medication and looking after them during their illness, that I had neglected praying specifically for the Lord's healing over their entire body and to pray that that the sickness has no place in their body. Dan and I began praying specifically for covering over their lungs from that day on.
Jedi and Krisa's health have improved remarkably. Although the sniffies still come, their condition is not as terrible as before and they are no longer eating medication like vitamins and are off that horrid nebulizer as well! I truly attribute this to the power of prayer. Came across this prayer from Stormie Omartian:
Lord, because You have instructed us in Your Word that we are to pray for one another so that we may be healed, I pray for healing and wholeness for my children. I pray that sickness and infirmity will have no place in their life.
I pray for protection against any disease coming into their body.Your Word says "He sent His word and healed them, and delievered them from their destructions."(Psalm107:20)
Wherever there is disease, illness or infirmity in their body, I pray that You, Lord, would touch them with Your healing power and restore them to total health.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment