I had the toughest week of my life. Really really tough.
Dan went away for a week to South Africa for a business trip. I didn't used to feel so horrid as previously I had only 2 kiddies to watch over. But now there are 3!
To cut the long story short, Jedidiah fell sick. Not his usual flu but the really bad one that he had to use the nebuliser! He has been off it for more than a year so I felt really horrid that he had to be back on it. Thank God he is older now and can hold it himself but its still really troublesome especially with the younger two around. But he couldn't go to school. This was a bit tougher on me as that means that i have 3 with me the whole day instead of half. And that means more squabbling at times with Krisalyn.
Then the flu spread to Krisalyn. And when she is sick she gets super grouchy and will wake in the middle of the night. Its torturous as Dan is not around and I desperately need sleep or else I can't have the strength to handle them in the day.
Then it spread to baby. Perhaps she is on breast milk so she didnt get it so bad except for a stuffy nose but that made it really HARD to feed her! It was like fighting a war to get her to suckle as she was really hungry but couldn't drink! So this led to her waking in the middle of the night at abt 3 or 4 am. She wasn't hungry just uncomfy and had to settle her as she would be fretful and crying.
So I had to bring her to the doc. BUT my PD went on holiday!!!!!! I had medicine for the older two but not Keziah. So I had lug all three down to my neighbourhood clinic. Thankfully the older two were well-behaved and walked on each side of the stroller and played quietly with the toys in the clinic.
Think due to the stress I broke out in a heat rash at my neck!
But the Lord is good! He sent little angels along the way to help me. Dan called back and sms-ed to give me encouragement. My parents called my daily and prayed for me. My grandma came to pray for me and my dear aunt came everyday to help me play with the kids in the day till it was time to go to bed. Her companionship and prayers helped me go through this week without me losing my mind! My mum-in law also cooked for me twice so it was not so tiring.
Thank you Lord.
Tomorrow my dear is coming home! Finally...
No comments:
Post a Comment