Haha. The picture says it all. My two older kids are at the quirky stage where they do and day the most nerve-curling or hilarious things!
1. Toilet Informer
Since being potty trained since Jan this year, Krisa feels that she HAS to tell me FIRST that she needs to go to the potty before she actually goes. So this is what happens:
Krisa:" Mummy! Mummy! I need to go pee pee!"
Her voice sounds like its an utter emergency and she is also crossing her legs in urgency. Sometimes this results in her peeing on the floor as the time she could have used to "fly" herself to the potty was used to inform me! Gets me all flustered as I have to mop!
Me: Go and PEE then!! No need to tell me!!
So now she does this:
Krisa: Mummy Mummy! I no need to tell you that I need to go toilet. I don't need.
Again she is crossing and uncrossing her legs as she is on high tide!
2. Childlike Simplicity
Jedi alighted from his school bus a few days back accompanied by the bus uncle also coming out and bus attendant all scrambling to find something he had dropped. Apparently it was some box. Told the uncle that it was a small matter and if it could be found to just pass to him the next day.
So on our way up, I asked Jedi what was this "box" and did someone give it to him. He kept telling me he didn't know and that he had forgotten. This got me more and more irritated as I felt he didn't want to tell me. Must have been my PMS petty mood! So I asked him:
Me: " You mean the box just dropped down from the sky and landed in your hands??"
Jedi: Ya I think it suddenly appeared!"
Me: ???!!!
Later , I realised that he was telling me the truth that he didn't know as it was just something he found in the bus and wanted to keep. Finders keepers.
I must learn to be less meddlesome and more trusting!
3. Car Alarms
I have strange neighbours who just love to let their car alarms ring for 4 cycles the whole series of sounds!! Jedi told me there was a lady standing next to her car pressing it. I told him to just ignore her and that she must be a little crazy.
Jedi: yes Mummy. I think she needs some help!"

No comments:
Post a Comment